News  
    News
Other  
    HTML Newsletter
    Donations
    Docs
    Site Map

-=SoP=-TS3   

Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages  
 Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in 

Search for at
http://www.sopsnipers.tk/sopweb/ Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
What do others think? General -=SoP=-Dragos 4 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm
-=SoP=-Cannman View latest post
-]NBK[- CupZ Announcements VeyronX 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:33 pm
VeyronX View latest post
change tag General -=CoN=-MoM 2 Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:49 pm
-=CoN=-MoM View latest post
Donations General -=SoP=-Tater 0 Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:13 pm
-=SoP=-Tater View latest post
-=SoP=-Rules, reposted General -=SoP=-Tater 0 Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:07 pm
-=SoP=-Tater View latest post
Still around? General unforgiving 8 Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:51 pm
-=SoP=-Dragos View latest post
What do others think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://www.sopsnipers.tk/sopweb/ Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-=SoP=-Dragos

usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:30 pm Post subject: No icon What do others think? Reply with quote

I noticed a month or so ago that the server is now set with an anti-run tool.  After you spawn, if you run much you will die.  

I gave it a month or so to see how it felt to me.  Just like a few years ago when a similar control was added, it seems to me that the game play is hindered, not enhanced.  

I realize that we are a camping clan, that running and gunning is frowned upon.  This control, however, feels like overkill.  For example, the other day I was playing against JMicael and a bunch of bots.  I took a shot across the map at something moving and wound up shooting a spawning bot.  I immediately lost my gun.  I had to move to find a gun or bullets,  Needless to say, I died because of it.  

The traffic on the server is relatively thin these days.  With large maps and few players, you have to be able to move some.  Personally, I would suggest we back this change out and go back to the way it was.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
-=SoP=-Tater

votes: 2
usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: What do others think? Reply with quote

Below this post are our rules and until such time as they are followed then we'll need some help enforcing them. With the mod games haven't been as lopsided because noone is just running around shooting everyone else with no regard as to the server rules.

The mod is very lenient. You can move while crouched with no consequences, your health increases so long as you are crouched or still and it's quite forgiving for your movement. Just watch your health and play like a "camping/stalking" should be played and there will be no problem. Ahem, that includes spawn shooting.

Visit member's Facebook: user_facebook MySpace Profile: user_myspace
-=SoP=-Dragos

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: What do others think? Reply with quote

-=SoP=-Tater wrote (View Post):
Below this post are our rules and until such time as they are followed then we'll need some help enforcing them. With the mod games haven't been as lopsided because noone is just running around shooting everyone else with no regard as to the server rules.

The mod is very lenient. You can move while crouched with no consequences, your health increases so long as you are crouched or still and it's quite forgiving for your movement. Just watch your health and play like a "camping/stalking" should be played and there will be no problem. Ahem, that includes spawn shooting.

I understand what you are referring to regarding running and gunning.  But, the mod really is not forgiving.  There are times when you really have to move.  If you crouch and walk while under attack, you are dead meat.

My personal feeling is that the mod does not enhance the game play.  It detracts from the experience.  I was curious what others thought.  (We had this mod on TNT or Fear way back when.  It was put in place for the same reason.  It was later removed because people did not like it.)
Sponsor
-=SoP=-Dragos

usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: What do others think? Reply with quote

Anyone else have an opinion on this?
-=SoP=-Cannman

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm Post subject: No icon Re: What do others think? Reply with quote

Its  better now and you have to be more careful about when you shoot, you will get use to it and adapt to the game style mate.

Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: tradeworkznz
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.sopsnipers.tk/sopweb/ Forum Index ->  General Time synchro. with the server - Timezone/DST with your computer
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: